Approaching a large-scale change in a thoughtful and controlled way should be a pre-requisite for any business. Sadly many do not and as a result a high proportion of changes fail to deliver the expected results; at all, late, under target, over cost; and in some cases lead to the total failure of a business. Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) is an Internationally recognised approach that, when applied effectively, ensures that stakeholders can exert the required controls to ensure that their requirements are met – or that the frequent and expected deviations are managed.
Bill has applied MSP in many situations
- to support the evolution to a digital strategy of a traditional media group
- to define the new, International operating model of a major company in Oil and Gas
- to define the Transformation Programme of a UK Government Department
- to transform the project delivery performance of an engineering company supplying the Nuclear sector with capital plant
- to dramatically shrink an International manufacturing company to a smaller, lower cost footprint
Restructuring January 2017 This paper on restructuring provides some context for the use of Programme Management, specifically Managing Successful Programmes, as a management tool.