It has been a busy ‘COVID-19’ for me and a very odd and challenging time too. Having had a history of asthma and having elderly relatives who needed to shield, I was pretty much in isolation from 19 March to 8 July.
Transformation Work Continues
But I was lucky, work continued with support for a multi-site transformation being managed via Microsoft Teams from my home office. We had already adopted teams as our collaboration tool and had started using it for some meetings. It has proved essential and become a natural way of working.
The transformation is complex:
- 4 sites being closed down in a phased manner and being transferred to a new, redeveloped brown-field site in a new location
- Large construction element
- A lot of new machinery coming from all over Europe, and transfer of existing assets
- New IT systems and business processes with input from International stakeholders and suppliers
- New management system including Quality Management system
- Integrating entities
- Redundancy processes
- Organisation design and recruitment
- Exiting sites
- Start-up including extensive product testing and customer approvals.
Preparatory to Production
The usual Programme Management tools are in place; integrated schedule, risk log, action log, financial reporting, change management.
In the next few weeks production starts and ramps up over a few months. Its going to be a challenging period but the preparatory work has been comprehensive and the team is ‘fired up’.
the design of an intervention that helps rather than hinders progress
Our type of support requires an experienced professional that can draw on a range of experiences and tools. Listening to clients, understanding their strengths and weaknesses, and developing an approach that is customised to this complex blend of factors ensures value for money, but most importantly the design of an intervention that helps rather than hinders progress.
Decades of Supporting Change
My abilities have been borne from three decades of supporting change in hundreds of situations. I seek to “guide your business to a better outcome” and I am highly skilled at it – never failing to add-value, give a different perspective and put you on a route that you agree with.