Clients are facing much uncertainty at the moment!
Many of them are facing or are proactively implementing changes to their business models. Some are major structural changes requiring programmes of business transformation.
None are short of ambition, all see uncertainty as opportunity and all are striving for growth.
Three clients epitomise the climate;
- A professional services business that is using diversification as a means of increasing revenue, widening its customer base and is seeking, over a multi-year period to cross-sell, strategically its services
- Several SMEs in Cheshire and North Wales that are looking to unlock growth either by improving operational practices or redefining their future strategy
- A multi-channel, fashion brand with a global reach that has made a strategic decision to rationalise its routes to market by closing down retail in favour of increased investment in on-line / direct sales and is facing up to a year of major change
Management consultancy support
The management consultancy support that these clients require has a number of common elements;
- The management teams are unsure of their capacity and capability and require part-time, focused support to keep them on track. This requires a blend of consulting, coaching and mentoring tuned to the issues, the individuals and the team and evolving as their skills and the situation develop
- The creation of a clear road-map and a detailed schedule of activities from start to finish that enables the phased costs and benefits to be modelled and managed
- The implementation of a management process for the change that aligns managers and their teams on common, shared objectives
- An early, yet continuous focus on the risks and opportunities and their management
This type of support requires an experienced professional that can draw on a range of experiences and tools. Listening to clients, understanding their strengths and weaknesses, and developing an approach that is customised to this complex blend of factors ensures value for money but most importantly the design of an intervention that helps rather than hinders progress.
Please visit my management consultancy services page if you would like to know more about what I do to support my clients.